Read more about this motorcycle. Specification, detail, pictures and video. Please comments and give rating, tell others about it. Feel free to look around, we open 24 hours a day.
Make ModelYamaha YZF 600 R6 Fiat Replica
Engine: Liquid cooled, four stroke, transverse four cylinder, DOHC, 4 valves per cylinder.
Bore x Stroke: 67 x 42.5 mm
Compression Ratio: 12.4;1
Induction: Fuel Injection
Ignition / Starting: Digital DC-CDI / electric
Max Power: 127 hp @14500 rpm
Max Torque: 66 Nm @ 1100 rpm
Transmission / Drive: 6 Speed / chain
Frame: Deltabox aluminium Frame: with revised rigidity balance
Front Suspension: 41mm upside down forks with 2-way compression damping adjustable
Rear Suspension: Fully adjustable rear shock absorber with 2-way compression damping
Front Brakes: 2x 320mm discs
Rear Brakes: Single 220mm disc
Front Tire: : 120/70 ZR17
Rear Tire: : 180/55 ZR17
Dry-Weight: 161 kg
Fuel Capacity: 17.5 Litres
Standing ¼ Mile 11.1 sec
Top Speed255.1 km/h
Yamaha-motor.comPart 1 Part 2 / Motorcycle-USA Clip 2t / Yamaha R6 – TV Spot / Yamahavideo.lulop.com Clip 1 – Clip 2 – Clip 3 / R6 video 1 – R6 video 2 / R6 &GSXR 600& ZXR 6 TEST / MCN / SUPERBIKE ITALIA, LE 600 ’07
Yamaha Motor / Yamaha-motor / Motorcycle Daily Track test / Motorcycle-USA 1 – ride 2 / Supersport Shootout Motociclismo / Moto.it / US Rider News / Motorcycle-USA Supersport Shootout / Motoring.co.za / MD 2006 Supersport Shootout / Motards-online.com / Mototest.be / Mmotorcycle Dail Long-Term – MD Long-Term Bike Review (Part Two)- 2007 Yamaha YZF-R6 / Supersport Shootout / 1000ps / Motorcycle Daily
From its unique Formula 1 inspired styling to its incredibly responsive 16,000 rpm titanium valved powerplant, the R6 has been the talk of the supersport world. And it did not disappoint. the R6 has proven to be the machine of choice for those riders and racers who will not accept compromises. Why settle for less?
• Ultra-compact, lightWeight: , short stroke, 599cc, DOHC, 16-valve, liquid-cooled, in-line four-cylinder with lightWeight: titanium valves produces incredible horsepower for a 600cc pure sport bike. Redline is set at an amazing 16,000rpm.
• 67mm bore and 42.5mm stroke provide a fast revving powerplant. Engine: width is minimized thanks to Yamaha’s special casting technologies and “liner less” cylinder design.
• Cylinder head design features ultra lightWeight: titanium valves for both intake and exhaust. The Compression Ratio: is 12.8:1, while the intake valve angle is 11.5 degrees and the exhaust is 12.25 degrees. The intake valves are 27mm in diameter while the exhaust valves are 23mm.
• Single intake valve springs reduce Weight: and “friction” for optimum high rpm performance. The valve retainers are made of lightWeight: aluminum.
• High flow intake and exhaust ports allow more fuel in and more exhaust out for great power delivery at all rpms.
• LightWeight: magnesium head and case covers reduce Weight: .
• Separate cylinder block (the cylinder is no longer part of the upper crankcase) design utilizes ceramic composite plated “liner less” cylinder bores. The ceramic coating is sprayed directly on the aluminum block. The benefits are greater heat dissipation for consistent power delivery, reduced frictional power loss, reduced oil consumption and since there are no heavy liners, reduced Weight: too.
• LightWeight: forged pistons feature thin top rings for great high rpm power. The pistons are secured by lightWeight: tapered type piston pins. The lightWeight: design means fast Engine: response.
• LightWeight: crankshaft features 31mm bearing journals. The inertial crank mass has been optimized for excellent throttle response and impressive acceleration. The crank sits 3mm higher in the cases than “regular” R6S.
• High lift / high performance, hollow, side-driven camshafts provide arm stretching power and strong acceleration. Both valve lift, duration and timing have been optimized for class leading power output.
• Mikuni fuel injection system with 41mm throttle bodies features twin injectors (primary & secondary). This type of twin injector system is also found on our MotoGP M1. Each of the injectors utilizes 12 spray holes to maximize the atomization process. The secondary injectors, located inside the airbox, begin to function at mid rpms (6,000 to 7,000rpm) thru to redline. This system is lighter and simpler than the sub motor driven secondary valve type FI system. Special short intake tracts allow for higher rpms and improved power.
• Yamaha Chip Control Throttle (YCC-T) is another 1st for Yamaha. This system electronically controls the throttle for outstanding response and improved controllability at high rpms. The system features Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) and D.C. motor driven throttle valves. The YCC-T system electronically controls the throttle valves for outstanding response and improved controllability at all rpms. The YCC-T is used to provide even more control of the intake air volume for a smoother torque character. The YCC-T features 3 – ECU’s inside the main ECU to control ignition, fuel injection and the YCC-T. This special ECU is capable of responding to changes at a speed of 1000th of a second.
• 7.6 liter air box uses a viscous type air filter.
• Ram Air Induction: System with centrally located intake duct delivers cool, high-pressure air “force-fed” into the intake tract for optimal combustion and greater horsepower at higher speeds. This design provides straight Induction: from the central fairing duct to the airbox without a lot of bends or turns.
• Close ratio 6-speed transmission delivers seamless power delivery and maximum acceleration. Gear widths, splines and engagement dogs have been optimized to handle the increased power. The shift drum and shifting mechanism are located on the right side of the cases for smooth shifting feel under power. The gears use flat contact-type engagement dogs for positive shifting and increased durability.
• The “Tri-Axis” or stacked transmission design creates a more compact Engine: front to back that allows for optimum Engine: placement in the “sweet spot” of the Frame: for optimized balanced Weight: distribution and incredible handling.
• Slipper or back limiter clutch assembly reduces rear wheel hop when making hard down shifts or under hard braking. Key benefit is reduced lap times and smoother control when participating in either a race or track day. This clutch uses 9 paper based friction plates and 8 steel plates, plus 6 coil-type clutch springs.
• The oil lubrication system has been optimized to reduce frictional loses caused by “oil drag”. It features a “two side” oil pump. There is a separate liquid-cooled oil cooler to insure consistent Engine: temperatures for maximum performance and extended service life.
• High Capacity: cooling system features a curved radiator with dual ring-type fans for excellent Engine: cooling efficiency. The ring-type fan offers more airflow than a conventional type fan.
• Direct ignition coils, iridium dual electrode spark plugs and high-output magneto deliver reliable, super strong spark. With this system, the ignition coils are integrated into the plug caps, significantly reducing Weight: .
• 4-into-2-into-1 exhaust maximizes Engine: performance. There are three, 3-way honeycomb catalyziers with an oxygen sensor in the system to reduce harmful HC & CO exhaust emissions. The oxygen sensor provides feedback to the ECU so it can adjust for the optimum fuel/air mixture. A “mid ship” MotoGP style, lightWeight: titanium muffler is located below the Engine: to central mass and lower the center of gravity. The system also features an EXUP System (Exhaust Ultimate Power Valve) utilizing a titanium body and butterfly valves that prevent the “blow back” phenomenon caused by “valve overlap”. This design reduces Weight: and maximizes cornering clearance. The EXUP system eliminates “flat spots” in the power band and reduces emissions too. This is a 1st on a 600cc supersport machine.
• High powered 32 bit electronic control unit actually contains three ECUs inside the main ECU to control the FI system, the YCC-T system and the ignition system.
• Immobilizer ignition system is designed to reduce the possibility of “ride away” theft. This system must recognize the “coded ignition key” in order for the unit to start. If the immobilizer ignition does not recognize the key (or a theft’s screwdriver or other type of “jimmy tool”) the bike will not start even if the ignition is turned or forced into the on position. If the system does not recognize the correct coded ignition key, the ignition system and starter will not function.
• Semi-hydraulic type cam chain tensioner reduces tune-up costs /as well as reducing Engine: mechanical noise.
• Air Injection System (AIS) injects fresh air into the exhaust ports to fully burn any unburnt fuel in order to reduce harmful CO & HC exhaust emissions
• Compact, lightWeight: aluminum Deltabox Frame: offers an optimized rigidity balance for incredibly light and agile handling. This Frame: is a MotoGP inspired innovation that Yamaha calls a “straight Frame: concept”. This means the top spars of the Frame: lie as close to possible to the Frame: ‘s torsional axis (the line connecting the head pipe to the swingarm pivot point). The ram air duct passes through the Frame: at the head pipe for a straight ram air effect too. A mix of mold castings and pressed aluminum plates make up the Frame: . The Engine: is a fully stressed chassis member allowing for a super-light Frame: design.
• Detachable C.F. (controlled filling) die cast aluminum rear subFrame: reduces Weight: and provides easier rear shock access and a less costly repair if the unit is “looped out”.
• LightWeight: , aluminum “gull wing” type swingarm uses a mix of castings and pressed plates for optimum rigidity. Swingarm pivot position has also been optimized to reduce the “squat” tendencies caused by drive chain reaction to hard throttle openings.
• Key chassis geometry figures include: 1380mm wheelbase, 24 degree caster angle, 97mm of trail and a 52.5% front and 47.5% rear Weight: balance. The maximum lean angle is a knee scraping 57 degrees.
• Fully adjustable 41mm inverted front fork provides 120mm (4.7″) of wheel travel and offers incredible suspension performance with ultra-precise feedback. Adjustments include: spring preload, 4-way high speed compression damping, 20-way low speed compression damping and 25-way rebound damping. The inverted design not only reduces unsprung Weight: but also increases the rigidity of the fork. The range of adjustments allows the rider to tune suspension to match riding style and conditions.
• Upper triple clamp features a 30mm offset for precise handing and great steering feel. The lightWeight: aluminum clip-ons are mounted below the triple clamp.
• Fully adjustable Monocross link rear suspension utilizes a piggyback-style shock providing 120mm (4.7″) of wheel travel. Adjustments include: spring preload, 16-way high speed compression damping, 24-way low speed compression damping and 18-way rebound damping. The piggy back design helps to keep the shock oil cool for more consistent damping.
• Trick, radial mount, monoblock, 4-piston calipers squeeze large 310mm dual front discs. The radial mounting design helps to reduce caliper distortion for improved braking performance with excellent control and good lever feedback. The disc carriers are made from aluminum for reduced Weight: while the sinter metal pads provide incredible stopping power.
• Brembo radial pump master cylinder features a 16mm piston. The radial design allows for more powerful braking and improved lever feedback. The lever is adjustable for various hand sizes.
• Light Weight: 220mm rear disc brake is squeezed by a single-piston caliper
• LightWeight: five-spoke 17″ wheels reduce unsprung Weight: by making hub and spokes a single structural unit. A special casting technique makes the rim section substantially lighter and stronger.
• Ultra-sleek “new edge form” bodywork features a sharp front profile with centrally located Ram Air duct, Engine: -revealing side cowlings and ultra-sleek tail section. There are special side fairing intake ducts to allow cool air to circulate around the Engine: , fuel tank and Frame: areas. “Minimalism” and “mass forward” movement are two words that best describe this new design body.
• 17.5-litre fuel tank provides excellent rider ergonomics and an aggressive riding position. The reserve portion of the tank is 3.5 liters. The tank features a front tank cover like the R1 and an internal electric fuel pump.
• Separate rider and passenger seats. An optional rear seat cowl is available.
• Dual 55 watt H7 “cat eye” headlights. These lights not only cast a bright beam of light, but also feature a sleek profile for superb aerodynamics.
• Compact race inspired multi-function digital and analog instrumentation with adjustable back lighting. Features: analog tach, digital speedometer, dual tripmeters, low fuel warning light, fuel tripmeter, and clock. There is also a programmable shift light and stop watch/lap timer that is controlled by the LHS handlebar mounted switch gear.
• Single lens LED taillight provides excellent visibility, extended service life and uses less power than conventional bulbs.
• Durable, lightWeight: , aluminum clip-on bars provide optimal vibration damping.
• Adjustable front brake lever
• Special 525 lightWeight: O-ring chain is used to reduce Weight:
• Steering lock
• LightWeight: aluminum side stand and chain adjusters
• LightWeight: low maintenance sealed gel-type battery
The YZF-R6 offers a significant level of power and performance. It is not intended for novice or inexperienced riders.